Connect with us

Blog Hub

UK Visa

Detailed Info About U.K Work Visa

Detailed Info About U.K Work Visa


Getting a U.K work visa can be tricky and time-consuming, especially if you’re attempting to do it without the help of an immigration lawyer. If you’re looking to relocate to the U.K, follow these steps to make sure you’re on the right track towards getting your Visa as fast as possible!

Decide which U.K Work Visa is best for you

There are currently five different U.K work visas available to citizens of non-European Union countries, and each one provides its own benefits for foreign workers: Tier 1 Visas, Tier 2 Visas, Tier 4 Visas, Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS) Visas, and Sports People’sVisas. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for more than one visa; however, you must meet certain requirements in order to apply. For example, if you’re applying under Tier 1 or 2, you must have at least £945 in savings; under YMS or Sports People’s Visas, you must be between 18 and 30 years old. The first step is determining which visa is best suited to your situation—and then completing all necessary application forms and supporting documents accordingly.

Gather supporting documents

A visa application generally requires supporting documents, including evidence of your income (payslips or contracts) and your ties to your home country (bank statements, proof of employment, family ties). You may also be asked for an invitation letter from an employer in the UK or evidence that you have sufficient funds to support yourself. Your chances of being granted a visa will be greatly improved if you are able to demonstrate a compelling case for your application on both economic and non-economic grounds. For example, if you can show that your skills are needed by employers in the UK, or that there is a shortage of people with those skills already resident in Britain. If you cannot make such a case, then it’s unlikely that you’ll be successful in obtaining a work permit.

Apply for your visa

There are several visas you can apply for to live and work in England, but if you are only planning on staying there temporarily, then you will most likely be applying for a Visit visa. The application form is available online through UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) or at your local post office. You must submit a passport photo with your application, as well as proof of identity. If you are under 18 years old, you will need both parents’ permission. You must also prove that you have enough money to support yourself while in England; approximately £500 per month should suffice. It is important that all of these documents are originals—photocopies won’t be accepted by immigration officials.

Attend an interview at the British embassy

You’ll need to attend an interview at your nearest British embassy (usually London, but you can check their website for locations and times). Depending on what kind of visa you’re applying for, you may be able to bring along a friend or family member; in most cases, however, you’ll be asked to make an appointment alone and get through it on your own. The whole process should take no more than 10 minutes or so. If all goes well, you’ll receive your passport back with a new stamp inside! Congratulations: you now have permission to live and work in Britain!

Wait for your visa status to change from application to decision

You will receive an email with instructions on how to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). The BRP is your official proof of status in the UK. It is important that you keep your BRP safe, as it can take up to three months for lost documents to be replaced and processed. If you need to travel during that time, make sure you apply for a Travel Document from Home Office. If there are any errors or omissions on your visa application form or supporting documentation then it may result in refusal of entry into the UK at border control. If there are any issues with your application then you should contact HM Passport Office immediately so they can correct these before they become an issue at border control.

More in UK Visa

To Top