Connect with us

Blog Hub

Job Visa

Best Types of Australia Visas for African Immigrants

Best Types of Australia Visas for African Immigrants

More and more Africans are immigrating to Australia every year, in search of better opportunities and life experiences. Australia has long been known as one of the most immigrant-friendly countries in the world, with fairly easy access to permanent residency and citizenship, as well as temporary visas that can lead to permanent residency. However, not all types of visas are ideal for all immigrants, so here are the best types of Australia Visas for African immigrants who are looking to move to the Land Down Under!

Australia Skilled Migration Visa


The most popular Australia visa is skilled migration. The big advantage to applying under a skilled migration visa is that you’ll be issued a permanent resident visa—which will allow you to live in Australia on a permanent basis and give you access to health care, education, and employment opportunities, as well as sponsor family members (who won’t be subject to quotas). However, you do need specific skills or qualifications; if your career doesn’t qualify but you meet an eligible occupation list, then it might make sense to invest in additional training. This option may also require sponsorship from a relative or employer and English language proficiency tests. Getting approval on your skilled migrant application through these visas typically takes one-two years.

How to Apply for a Skilled Nominated Work Visa

Step 1: Check if your occupation is on the Skilled Occupation Lists

This visa is only available to people who can fill a position on this list.

Step 2: Ensure you meet all the eligibility requirements

You must meet the following requirements in order to apply:

See also  Best France visas for African immigrants

Step 3: Complete a Skills Assessment

You must complete a Skills Assessment and obtain an acceptable score in order to be eligible for the Subclass 190 visa. Your score must be meet that specified on your letter of invitation (step 5). Instructions on how to get a proper Skills Assessment can be found on the Australian Department of Home Affairs (DHA) website. Read more here.

Australia Family Visa

Family visas are great if you want to live in Australia with family members. There are different types of family visas, depending on your situation. For example, if you have a parent or sibling who is an Australian citizen, or permanent resident, then they can sponsor you for a family visa. If your spouse is from another country and you’re having trouble getting them a visa in their home country, then you can apply for a family visa that will allow them to stay in Australia while your sponsorship application goes through. Once it does go through, then both of you can get permanent residency together. Another option would be a spousal (801) visa which allows married couples to enter and reside in Australia regardless of citizenship status. Find out more about New Zealand citizens – your family.


Australia Prospective Entrepreneur Visa

This visa allows you to start your own business in Australia. The good news is that it’s not dependent on having capital or a job offer, which can be hard to come by as an immigrant with few skills and even fewer contacts. In fact, if you want to come to Australia as an entrepreneur and don’t have enough money to get started here, you may be able to get financial assistance from a state or territory government. And if you do find yourself struggling financially when you first start out, there are some government grants available for immigrants looking to establish a new business in Australia. If at all possible, however, try your best not to depend on government assistance—it will only make it more difficult when it comes time to apply for permanent residency. Visit https://business.gov.au/grants-and-programs and answer a few questions about your business to find grants and programs you may be eligible for.

See also  UK Care Home Job With Visa Sponsorship - Easy Way to Move to U.K

Australia Study Visa

If you’re headed to Australia as a student, your best bet is to apply for a study visa. To get one, you’ll need an official letter from your university saying you’ve been accepted into a full-time degree program that meets their standards. If you’re studying English and aren’t able to find an internationally accredited institution, look into enrolling in one of many English as Second Language schools (see: International House). To stay on your study visa past 12 months, however, you must find work in Australia—it has become increasingly difficult to extend visas without working or being enrolled in another form of educational or training program.

or university studies and all longer programs you will need to apply for a student visa by following the steps below:

1. Apply to a school in Australia and get a CoE: You must be enrolled in an Australian school before applying for a student visa to Australia. The school will send you a CoE, or Confirmation of Enrolment after you have received an offer letter from them, accepted the offer in writing, and paid their tuition deposit. To start your visa application, you’ll need this paperwork.

2. Create an account with the Australian immigration authorities: For Australian visas, you usually apply online these days. You must first create an account at https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/register before you can begin your visa application. Your name, phone number, and e-mail address will be requested. After that, you must create a password and agree to their terms.

3. Make sure that you have all the needed documents in digital format

See also  Getting Fully Funded US Scholarship Made Easy

4. Complete the visa application online: You apply online. Read more and follow the instructions at https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/student-500

5. Pay the visa fee and get a TRN-number

6. Possible health checkup and interview

7. Get your visa decision

8. Travel to Australia

Australia Partner Visa

Partner visas are typically granted to partners of Australian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens. This visa allows you to live and work in Australia indefinitely and travel in and out of Australia freely. However, there is no direct path to citizenship for a partner visa holder; rather, you must first apply for permanent residency after being in Australia for one year, at which point you can start applying for citizenship. You can also apply directly (without any prior periods spent on a permanent residency) if you have been married to your Australian spouse/partner legally recognized overseas or are under 55 years old. The waiting time to obtain a Partner Visa (801) is currently 17 months.


More in Job Visa

To Top